Hey there everybody! Well changes are happening to the Motion Graphics Page. I am moving the contents of the page straight to my secure Vimeo Profile page. Here you can view them in the quality they were meant to be viewed in and can like, comment and interact with my videos as well as my colleagues.
Thanks to all of you that keep this page going and make this happen!
– Erik – Of Soaring Design
Filed under 2011, business, freelance, graphic design, motion graphics, motionography, Networking, soaring design, Twitter, video editing, web design
Hey everyone this is a follow up announcement to the video announcement made on Youtube, Twitter, and Facebook. 100 Moving Pictures is a campaign I am starting to see the creativity of Soaring Design followers. When we hit 100 follows on Twitter and 100 Likes on Facebook then I will post the pictures that are sent to me by our supporters. What do we take pictures of you ask? Well take pictures of the Soaring Design logo in random places around the US. The best 100 pictures will be put on a blog post and on our Facebook account. The 100th picture will win a prize yet to be determined. So get out there, take your photos, and show your love and support for Soaring Design!!!
Thanks to all the people that are following us on Twitter and Facebook! Keep it up guys!
Filed under 100 Moving Pictures, 2011, business, Facebook, freelance, graphic design, motion graphics, motionography, Networking, soaring design, Twitter, video editing, web design
Yes that is correct Soaring Design has joined the world of social networking and now has a page on Facebook AND on Twitter! So go hit the “like” button on Facebook and “follow” me on Twitter. If you don’t have either and will not join a social networking site, then I guess you really do have a life and are not like the rest of us.
Filed under 2011, business, Facebook, freelance, graphic design, motion graphics, motionography, Networking, soaring design, Twitter, video editing, web design
Hey everybody I know I haven’t been faithful with my posts, but I have been kind of busy dealing with life post college. Many things have changed for the better and many things haven’t changed that really need to, but all in all it has been a fun ride. I have been doing very little work for clients but now have an opportunity to have some regular freelance work where I will be creating advertising elements for clients. I know it sounds cryptic, but I cannot go into much detail. When I can you all will know exactly what is going on and where my work is. I need to create a full catch up post where I post my new work and I will be changing everything soon on the website but this will have to be enough for now.
So it is now 2010! I hope last year treated everyone well, I know I enjoyed ’09 but I am ready for this New Year! It is a little cliche to do this but I believe that a Designer’s Resolution Post is due… So without further adieu I give you the Soaring Design Resolutions List!!!
In the year of 2010 I will:
– Never EVER use the font family Papyrus. (I know that goes without saying or at least I thought it did until I saw that Avatar was sooo fond of it… BTW, check out the ISO50 post about Avatar and what Alex had to say about it: http://blog.iso50.com/2009/12/30/avatar-and-papyrus/).
– Try to purchase a camera so that I can 1. Get on the Photography train that everyone else is on and 2. Mix photography and graphic design together for outstanding prints!!! (Point 1 is meant to be funny while 2 is completely serious).
– Push myself to new heights with After Effects and make it just as second nature to me as Photoshop or Illustrator.
– Sell at least 20 prints and maybe even set up a little online shop or have them go for auction on e-bay (I know, I have some lofty goals).
– FIND A FULL TIME JOB AFTER GRADUATION!!!
– Try to make this whole Soaring Design gig an actual real-life running business (small but running like a REAL business none the less).
– Push my level of creativity so that people think I am crazy instead of fitting into the mold of what everyone else is doing.
And above all else:
– Continue to work with integrity and never EVER skimp on my product!!!
Well that about sums up MY resolutions for this year… If you have any you want to add just hit up the comments and I will be sure to respond as quickly as I can.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!